All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; So that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work. ~ 2 Tim 3:16-17
To listen to a sermon series from the archives, including: the Gospel of John, Acts, Romans, Galatians, 1 Peter, Genesis, Exodus, Ruth, Esther, Jonah, Haggai, Malachi and more, Click here to link to SermonAudio.com. Select the option for “Scripture” and then select the scripture you desire.
Sermon Study Questions
Pastor James will post his Sermon Study Questions every Tuesday for the previous Sunday’s sermon. Our hope is for these study questions to promote deeper personal study and further edify our church body.
Sermon Study Questions for Sunday, April 15, 2018
Click Here: Sermon Study Questions 4-15-18
1. Read Revelation 12:1-17
2. Much of this vision is filled with symbolism which is taken from the OT. In light of that, who does the woman represent in v.1-2? What about the third of the stars the dragon’s tail swept from heaven? What does that speak of? What about the water pouring from the dragon’s mouth and the earth coming to the help of the woman?
3. What do we learn about Satan from this vision? How does this impact the way you view conflicts that Christians have?
4. When does the battle in heaven we read of in v.7-8 take place? Support your answer from the text. How was this battle won? What changed after this battle in heaven? What are the implications of this?
5. Where do we see the identity of the woman shift in this story? What does this tell us about Israel and the church?
6. What is going on in v.14? What does this mean for you?
7. What do we learn about the nature of the Christian life from this vision?
8. Understanding the imagery and symbolism that is here, put together this entire vision and summarize what it’s saying. What is the main message of this vision?
9. In a practical sense, what can you apply from this vision?