All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; So that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work. ~ 2 Tim 3:16-17
To listen to a sermon series from the archives, including: the Gospel of John, Acts, Romans, Galatians, 1 Peter, Genesis, Exodus, Ruth, Esther, Jonah, Haggai, Malachi and more, Click here to link to SermonAudio.com. Select the option for “Scripture” and then select the scripture you desire.
Sermon Study Questions
Pastor James will post his Sermon Study Questions every Tuesday for the previous Sunday’s sermon. Our hope is for these study questions to promote deeper personal study and further edify our church body.
Sermon Study Questions for Sunday, June 9th, 2019
Click Here: Sermon Study Q’s 6-9-19
- Read Philippians 3:1-16.
- Why is Paul writing to the Philippians and what is the main theme of the letter?
- How is the joy that Paul speaks of different from the ways we normally think about joy?
- What is the relationship between Paul’s command that the Philippians rejoice and his warning to look out for the “dogs” and “evil workers”?
- How does Paul differentiate between the Philippians and the “evil workers”? Why did he think it was important to do?
- How does Paul drive home the point that it is futile to boast in the flesh?
- What was it that changed Paul’s mind about who he was and how did this change of mind reorient his life?
- Why did Paul want to be found by God with a righteousness that was not his own?
- How does being justified through faith and being untied to Christ give us joy that endures even in the midst of trials and pain?