All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; So that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work. ~ 2 Tim 3:16-17
To listen to a sermon series from the archives, including: the Gospel of John, Acts, Romans, Galatians, 1 Peter, Genesis, Exodus, Ruth, Esther, Jonah, Haggai, Malachi and more, Click here to link to SermonAudio.com. Select the option for “Scripture” and then select the scripture you desire.
Sermon Study Questions
Pastor James will post his Sermon Study Questions every Tuesday for the previous Sunday’s sermon. Our hope is for these study questions to promote deeper personal study and further edify our church body.
Sermon Study Questions for Sunday, January 12, 2020
- Read Romans 5:1-11.
- Romans 8:28-30 is in many ways a conclusion to Paul’s argument for justification by grace alone through faith alone. How does Romans 5 (particularly verses 6-8) contribute to Paul’s argument and conclusion?
- What are the blessings Christians have as described by Paul in Romans 5:1-5?
- What are the four things Paul makes clear about the kinds of people for whom Christ died?
- How do these four things highlight for us the greatness of God’s love for His people?
- What is the significance of Paul’s saying that Christ died “at the right time”?
- How does Christ’s death on the cross assure us of God’s love and the graciousness of our salvation?
- Does Christ’s death make us lovable by God?
- What does the love of God for us expressed in this passage teach us about how we’re to relate to God?