All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; So that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work. ~ 2 Tim 3:16-17
To listen to a sermon series from the archives, including: the Gospel of John, Acts, Romans, Galatians, 1 Peter, Genesis, Exodus, Ruth, Esther, Jonah, Haggai, Malachi and more, Click here to link to SermonAudio.com. Select the option for “Scripture” and then select the scripture you desire.
Sermon Study Questions
Pastor James will post his Sermon Study Questions every Tuesday for the previous Sunday’s sermon. Our hope is for these study questions to promote deeper personal study and further edify our church body.
Sermon Study Questions for Sunday, November 12, 2017
Click Here:Sermon Study Questions 11-12-17
1. Read Revelation 3:7-13
2. What was commendable about the church in Philadelphia? What does this tell you about what the Lord requires of His people?
3. What were the challenges facing the church in Philadelphia?
4. What is the open door the Lord has set before them? How does it tie into Isaiah 22:20-22? What are the implications of this open door which no one can shut being set before them?
5. What will God do with the Jewish people sometime before His Second Coming?
6. Our Lord makes a promise to these believers, saying “I will keep you from the hour of trial.” What does that mean? Be specific. Also, how does this encourage you in the midst of trial?
7. Do your best to describe the events surrounding the end. Is there a secret rapture of the church? If not, is there a rapture at all, and if so, when is it? Read 1 Thess.4:15-18.
8. Why is a proper view of the end times important for your faith and the way you live in the world?
9. What do the promises in v.12 mean, and what is their significance to the believers in Philadelphia in light of their history and life in that city? What is their significance to you?